Controlled items refer to items that you are not permitted to have in your possession. However, there are some items that are permitted at certain time and under controlled conditions. These items will be kept in the nursing station. The following apply:
- Cigarettes and other tobacco containing products, lighters and matches
- Hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons, clothing irons, or any item using a power cord unless medically necessary
- Shoes with laces and jackets with cords, laces, or cinching devices
- Belts, electric blankets, hair clips or bobby pins
- Nail clippers, floss, tweezers, mirrors, electric toothbrush, Q-tips, or razor blades
- Piercings, and jewelry with the exception of wedding bands or religious items
- Personal medications, illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia,
- Permitted food items must be stored in the unit refrigerator
- Caffeinated beverages (coffee, tea, sodas) are not permitted after 1500 hours
- Patients are provided a journal and pencil for homework, please do not bring in any personal writing devices
You will be searched upon your entry into the program. Cedar Springs Behavioral Hospital reserves the right to search your belongings and rooms at any time if patient safety is in question. Your belongings and room may be searched without you present if your safety has been compromised. Checks of patient rooms (visual checks for obvious contraband) may be conducted at any time by staff.
Call 719-310-4402 to learn more about The Recovery Zone. Download and print this list here.