What to Pack
We want you to be as comfortable as possible; however, storage space is limited. A clothes washer, dryer and laundry soap are provided free of charge.
Here is a suggested list of items you will need:
- Shoes or sandals without laces (to be worn on the unit)
- Athletic Shoes with or without laces to be worn at the gym and during exercise and on scheduled outings
- Appropriate undergarments
- Pajamas/Robe/Slippers (all patients must wear clothing for sleeping (briefs and tee shirt at a minimum)
- Loose-fitting, comfortable weather appropriate clothing (No spaghetti strings, halter tops, midriffs, cut off shorts, miniskirts or other revealing clothing)
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing for physical activities (nothing sleeveless or low cut)
- Warm jackets, gloves, and boots will be needed for experiential therapies that occur outside in mountainous areas. Experiential therapies may include hiking or equine assisted therapy
- Personal hygiene items that do not contain alcohol in the first 3 ingredients: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body wash, toothpaste, cosmetics, Chap Stick, etc.
- Any medically necessary items such as braces, CPAP masks, etc.
- You may consider bringing a checkbook to pay bills
- Personal razors are not permitted unless it’s a cordless electric razor. The hospital will provide safety razors for use if needed
Your visitors may bring you extra hygiene and clothing items. Any items brought by your visitors must be in a new unopened package. For those not from the area, Cedar Springs will provide hygiene items. In an exceptional situation, a staff member may escort a patient to the store to purchase clothing.
Please do not bring the following items:
- Clothing items with drawstrings, laces, cords, cinching devices
- Any items containing alcohol in the first 3 ingredients including hygiene products
- Mouthwash and anything in an aerosol spray can
- Chemicals, such as cleaning spray or room deodorizers
- Substances in glass containers (such as cosmetics, perfumes, beverages)
- Potentially offensive articles, such as pornographic literature; clothing with offensive slogans or ads for alcoholic beverages
- Personal electronics (cell phones, cameras, personal televisions, mp3 players, computers, tablets or gaming devices). If brought, these items will be locked up in the safe for the duration of your stay. You will not be able to access them.
Download and print this list!